BAME in Education
BAME in Education | Thursday 13th June 2019
According to the Department for Education, BAME individuals are significantly underrepresented across the education sector, from primary and secondary school to colleagues and universities. In 2016, only 7% of headteachers in primary schools and 9% in secondary schools were from an Ethnic Minority background. While this has increased by 2% since 2010, more needs to be done to correct this overwhelming imbalance.
The unique BAME in Education conference explores the role of BAME individuals in education leadership and offers practical advice and coaching on how to further develop your career in times of change. We will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recognising and rewarding BAME leaders across the education sector.
- Identify the unique leadership challenges and opportunities facing BAME people in education today
- Understand when and how gender plays a role in both organisational and personal advancement
- Learn how successful BAME individuals negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of BAME people as senior leaders in education
- Create a lasting network of BAME leaders across the sector who are effecting change in education
2019 speakers include:
- Emran Mian, Director General, Higher & Further Education, Department for Education
- Allana Gay, Co-Founder BAMEed & Headteacher, Vita et Pax Preparatory School
- Hema Tank, Associate Dean, The London Institute of Banking & Finance
- Kellie Brown, Teacher Educator, Teach First and former Assistant Principal
- Sufian Sadiq, Head of Teaching School, Chiltern Teaching School Alliance
- Alicia Pennant, Assistant Head Teacher, TCES & East London Independent School
- Soneni Rae, Senior Strategic Communications & Marketing Manager, Department for Education
- Anita Devi, Education Consultant, Director & #WomenEd Regional Lead
Who should attend?
BAME in Education is aimed at all those who aspire to move into a leadership role or those already in a senior role looking to progress. Presentations and workshops offer practical advice and coaching relevant to all BAME individuals across the education sector, from primary and secondary schools to colleges and universities.
1 Place £295 (+VAT)
4+ Places £250 each (+VAT)
1 Place £695 (+VAT)